Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day - We love you mum^^

This entry is dedicated to my beloved mum, Mdm. Chan Choy Hoong.



Dear mum,

I'm happy to be your son. You've never lamented no matter how tired you are. You are the source of my inspiration, the candle in the dark, shining your love in to our life. I've lost count how many times you sacrificed for the sake of our well being.


I still remember the darkest time in my life when I injured my back so badly that I could hardly walk for a year. Just when I thought the whole world was gone, you were there for me, with tender wings and you carried me, you lifted me up when I couldn't even walk at all. I felt ashamed for troubling you.


At the age of 25, I should be walking on my own feet then. I remembered the trouble you took to look after me during that hard times. You gave up your work just to suit my therapy schedule.I remembered every morning you drove me to Stadium for swimming, the exercise recommended by the physiotherapist.


You waited for me outside for an hour while I finished my swimming routine. After swimming, you sent me to hospital Ipoh for physiotherapy on alternate days. When you knew that there was a well known chiropractic in town, you decided to send me there for therapy.


I was angry at myself for giving you so much trouble, for not being able to walk, for creating so much hassle in your life, being a burden to the family at that time. But you told me it was ok, for you were happy as long as you see your children growing healthy and happy. "It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as I see you recovering, the effort is worth taking."


Everyday you sent me to chiropractic therapy until my condition improved. It was a mental torture when I had slipped disk but you were always there to encourage me not to give up. Your soothing words were the most beautiful sound on earth. Like an angel, you extended you hands and guided me through the ordeal.

The sacrifices that you have made were uncountable. No amount of words could describe the love and care you've shown us. Your sacrifices are as vast as the ocean. Yet you have never asked for any rewards being a wonderful mother. All you ask from God is to see your children growing healthy and happy.

Such a selfless act can only be express by dedicated parents and for that, mum, I really thank God for giving me a chance to be your son. I thank God for having a wonderful mum like you.I know I may not be able to pay back for all the sacrifices that you've made but I'll love you forever. Thank you for being who you are and I really appreciate that. You are always my wonderful mum.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment